ABSTRACT A man was accidentally immersed in hot acidic trivalent chromium sulphate solution but none was swallowed. The clinical course was dominated by burns, intravascular haemolysis, and acute renal failure. Blood concentrations of chromium were measured during treatment and tissue concentrations were measured at death. Exchange transfusion reduced blood chromium concentrations by two-thirds. The total quantities of chromium absorbed and removed by various routes were calculated. In-vitro studies showed that the chromium solution did not directly cause haemolysis.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.